Bournemouth and Poole CVS Training
Local Training for Local Groups
Local groups are always looking for training for their staff, volunteers, and trustees/committee members. However many courses are too expensive and usually too far away which adds to the costs (both in terms of money but also ‘lost’ time). Bournemouth and Poole CVS believe that relevant courses should regularly be available to voluntary and community groups across the local area. Therefore over the past 11 years we have jointly run a very successful training programme. In the past many of these courses were very heavily subsidised but at the moment there is no funding for these. However wanting to still run this programme we have to make a charge that makes sure we cover our costs BUT also make them affordable, particularly to small underfunded groups.
When submitting a completed booking form to Bournemouth and Poole CVS please note that we will not use your contact details for marketing nor will we ever sell your information. Your details will not be passed to any third parties (eg the course tutor) without your prior explicit consent.
Our charges are for a full day/half day:
• £15/£5 for organisations with an annual income of under £10,000
• £35/£20 for organisations with an annual income of £10,000 to £25,000
• £45/£25 for organisations with an annual income of £25,001 to £100,000
• £65/£35 for organisations with an annual income of over £100,000
NB these charges are for voluntary/community groups either based in, or providing a service to residents of, Bournemouth or Poole.
We regret this necessity but remember:
• Other courses are often more expensive: Directory of Social Change charges £115-185 for half day and £190 - £295 for a full day course.
• You will pay more to travel to a lot of other courses - a return train ticket to London is now £113 from Poole.
• We can make the courses relevant to local groups.
Being a Charity Trustee - 19th June 2019
Time: 6.30pm - 9pm
Location: Bournemouth Friends Meeting House, 16 Wharncliffe Road, Boscombe,BH5 1AH
This training covers:
- What is a charity?
- What is a trustee and what does a trustee do?
- What are their legal responsibilities, as an individual and a group?
- What are the possible liabilities and how to manage them?
- How to be an effective trustee and why be a trustee?
To book please complete and return the booking form below to Hannah Rees - email@example.com
Bournemouth CVS and Poole CVS can also offer training in many other areas on demand. If you are interested in any of the following please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Once we have enough interest (between 4 and 6 people) we will arrange a course at a convenient time and advertise it to others in the sector.
Funding related (in partnership with Linda Maguire of Bournemouth Borough Council)
1. Alternative funding: loans and social investment
2. Who are the funders and what makes them give
3. Reaching Communities Applications
4. Awards For All Applications
5. Community fundraising - information on legal aspects and facilitated sharing of experience
6. Full cost recovery
7. Proving the worth of your work - outputs, outcomes, statistics
8. Putting together a budget for the lottery
9. Sustainable funding/fundraising strategies
10. Business planning
About running your organisation
12. Health and Safety
13. Human Resource issues/general info/health check - please tell us your requirements
15. Partnerships, collaborations, networking
16. Project planning to help you get funding
17. Social media
18. Equality and Diversity
20. Basic charity law
21. Rules on trading (charity law, tax, VAT)
22. Annual reports, annual reporting, AGM’s.
23. Retaining volunteers
24. Create/review your volunteer policy
25. Health check your volunteer programme
26. Equal opps / diversifying your volunteer base
27. Problem solving
28. Support & Supervision
29. Managing expectations
If you have other ideas for training that you need we would like to hear from you. Please contact Steve Place, 01202 466130