Voluntary Youth Project (VYP)
Be part of a large network of network of Bournemouth based voluntary and community projects offering positive activities to young people. Bournemouth CVS and Bournemouth Borough Council recognise the importance of supporting local organisations that work with young people in developing their knowledge, understanding, attitudes, confidence, personal and life skills. As a VYP, Bournemouth CVS supports you to meet your aims; by providing funding and training information; group and individual support; networking opportunities; free DBS for volunteers etc. Together we create a collective voice that contributes, strengthens and diversifies services for local young people.
Criteria to Register:
- Working with young poeple aged 11-21 years old (25 if SEN) (at least 50% of your membership will be between 13-19 years)
- A voluntary or community group that delivers positive developmental opportunities ie educational, creative, sport, guidance, health, wellbeing, community
- Hold a current safeguarding policy*
- Have appropriate insurances ie Public/Employer/Building/Risk*
- Provide a safe environment (ie H&S policy)*
*BCVS can offer you guidance if you don't have these.
Benefits to Registration:
- 1 to 1 support and advice ie recruitment, employment, management, policy & procedure, budget.
- Training i.e. Child Protection Training, Internet Safety training. See current schedule here.
- Information on funding, grant opportunities and updates about youth policy.
- Accreditation, through ‘Bournemouth Young Volunteers’ certificates for your young volunteers hours.
- Free DBS for volunteers.
- Networking with an emphasis on sharing opportunities and skills.
- Invite to Children and Young Peoples Forum, twice yearly, includes speakers & lunch.
- Hire equipment ie laptop, projectors, leads, OHP and photocopying (5p bw / 10p colour).
- Advertise for volunteers and directing young people to your group. Through the B-Town Youth website & Bournemouth CVS.
If you would like to benefit from the free support offered under this scheme then please download the form and complete it and return it to us by email to our Youth Development Worker via: firstname.lastname@example.org or send it by post to Dani Ford-Horne, Youth Development Worker, BCVS, Boscombe Line, 3-5 Palmerston Road, Bournemouth, BH1 4HN or if you have any questions please contact Dani on 01202 466130 / 07376 797021.