Voluntary Youth Project
VYP is a large network of Bournemouth based voluntary and community groups and projects working to offer positive activities to young poeple. Bournemoutyh CVS recognises the importance of local work in developing young people's knoweldge, understanding, attitudes, confidence, personal and life skills. We hope to support projects to meet their aims and see them flourish by offering training, group and individual support and networking opporuntities. Together we can create a collective voice that contributes, strenthens and diversifies services for young people in the area.
Criteria to Register:
- Working with youngp oeple aged 11-21 (25 if SEN)
- A voluntary or community group that delivers positive developmental opportunities (eg educational, creative, guidance, health, wellbeing, community etc) to young people in Bournemouth
- Hold a current safeguarding policy*
- Have appropriate insurances (Public/Employer/Building/Risk)*
- Provide a safe environment (ie H&S policy)*
*BCVS can offer you guidance if you don't have these.
Benefits to Registration:
- 1:1 support and advice on a range of subjects including recruitment, employment, management, policies & procedures, writing and managing a budget
- Training ie Child Protection Training, Internet Safety Training. Free and paid training.
- Information and updates of funding, grant opportunities and updates about youth policy through our VYP e-network
- Accreditation Bournemouth Young Volunteers certificates for your young volunteer hours
- Free DBS checks for volunteers
- Networking with an emphasis on sharing opportunities and events with the voluntary and statutory sector. Invitations to BCVS Children & Young People Forum, twice yearly
- Hire items of equipment and make use of various resources free of charge eg laptop, projectors, screens, extension lead, OHP and photocopying from 5p b/white and 10p colour
- Access to funding opportunities
- B-Town Youth Website
- Bournemouth Volunteer Centre
If you would like to benefit from the free support offered under this scheme then please download the form and complete it and return it to us by email to our Youth Development Worker via: firstname.lastname@example.org or send it by post to Dani Ford-Horne, Youth Development Worker, BCVS, Boscombe Line, 3-5 Palmerston Road, Bournemouth, BH1 4HN or if you have any questions please contact Dani on 01202 466130.
Any voluntary / community organisation offering provision for young people between the ages of 13-19 years can apply. (An organisation with members outside of this age range may apply for registration provided 50% of the membership is between 13-19 years)