A guide to the services we can provide to organisations looking for volunteers:
Building upon our existing service:
Bournemouth Volunteer Centre can help organisations by:
- Promoting Volunteering
- Volunteering Brokerage
- Developing Volunteering Opportunities
- Helping with Good Practice around Volunteer Management
- Policy Response & Campaigning
- Strategic Development of Volunteering
Volunteering Best Practice
- How to.... follow up enquiries from volunteers
- How to.... diversify your volunteers
- How to.... induct your volunteers
- How to....information packs for volunteers
- How to.... interview volunteers
- How to....recruit older volunteers
- How to....recruit young volunteers
- How to....volunteer drivers
- How to....say goodbye to volunteers
- How to....write a volunteer policy
- How to....keep your volunteers
- How to....write a better volunteer advert
- How to....insurance for volunteers
- How to....volunteer agreements
Who can we help?
Bournemouth Volunteer Centre can help the following groups who are looking for Volunteers: Voluntary and Community Groups; Not for Profit organisations; Charities; Statutory organisations; and, Faith Groups who are either based in Bournemouth or who provide services in the Borough or who are seeking volunteers from the area.
We cannot recruit volunteers for private or profit-making organisations.
We cannot recruit volunteers for individual people.
There are many ways in which we can help you:
We are open 9.30am to 2.00pm Monday to Friday to register your vacancies and provide advice and support if required. We can be available outside these times by prior arrangement.
- In an average year we hope to help over 1500* people looking for voluntary work which we can then signpost in your direction.
- We can register your vacancies on the national ‘Do-it’ website.
- We produce a list of ‘Voluntary Vacancies’ available in the Bournemouth and Poole area.
- If you’re on email we can keep you up to date on what’s on locally and nationally., through our newly established ‘Volunteering Network’ (see overleaf).
- We run quarterley volunteer co-ordinators group meetings in partnership with Poole Volunteer Centre, for those working in Bournemouth and Poole. The meetings include visiting speakers, discussions on subjects around best practice and provide training opportunities and group support.
- We can organise training on volunteer management and advertise training places which you might like to share/fill with volunteers from other organisations.
- We have a selection of books and resources on all aspects of volunteering (please ask for our ‘Resource List’ for full details).
- We also have equipment you can borrow. Please ask for the list.
- We plan to organise regular promotional activities across Bournemouth to raise the profile of volunteering and can involve you in these.
- We can provide a listening ear!
(*In 2012/2013 we saw 1196 new volunteers plus we dealt with a number of enquiries from volunteers that had registered previously)
How do I register with Bournemouth Volunteer Centre?
Simply call us on 01202 466130 and ask for our organisation and opportunity registration forms, complete, and return them to us. Or download them here.
If you need help completing these, or do not have policies and procedures in place to support your request for volunteers, we can also help you to develop these.
About our Volunteering Network
We’ve launched a joint email alert system in partnership with Poole Volunteer Centre aimed at managers or coordinators of volunteers in Bournemouth & Poole and surrounding areas.
The aim of the network is to compliment and underpin the core Volunteer Centre functions and assists us to:
- Share information, good practice etc around Volunteer Management
- Inform you about relevant meetings, training and forthcoming events on volunteering-related topics.
- Promote volunteering and raise awareness of promotional events we plan around Bournemouth.
- Help us place new volunteers (volunteers with skills/looking for voluntary work where we do not have a suitable vacancy) and will assist us to develop new opportunities for volunteering with you.
- We also hope to forward on news items/information from
Volunteering England and other national organisations that are of relevance and may look to develop the service further in the future to provide peer-support (Q&A) through the network.
If you want to join our volunteering network to receive updates, information and details of volunteers we are trying to place, please subscribe by registering on our website or by emailing: email@example.com